Prescription Medicine
Appearance
Colorless transparent vial containing freeze-dried white or pale-yellow powder
How Supplied
10vials
Active Ingredients
Each vial contains Hyaluronidase 1,500 I.U
Indications and Usage
It can be used to enhance permeation of subcutaneous or intramuscular injections, local anaesthetics and subcutaneous infusions and to promote resorption of excess fluids and blood in the tissues.
Dosage and Administration
Adults, children, and the elderly: 1. With subcutaneous infusion(mass subcutaneous injection) 1500 I.U of Hyaluronidase dissolved in 1ml of water for injections or normal saline injected into the site, before the infusion is set up, or injected into the tubing of the infusion set, about 2cm back from the needle, at the start of the infusion. 1500 I.U is sufficient for administration of 500-1000ml of most fluids. Care should be taken in young children and the elderly to control the speed and total volume of fluid administered and to avoid over-hydration, especially in renal impairment. 2. With subcutaneous or intramuscular injections: 1500 I.U of Hyaluronidase dissolved directly in the solution to be injected. 3. With local anaesthetics: 1500 I.U Hyaluronidase is mixed with the quantity of local anaesthetic solution to be used. In ophthalmology, 15 I.U of Hyaluronidase per ml is recommended. 4. Extravasation Where dispersal rather than localisation is indicated, 1500 I.U of Hyaluronidase in 1ml water for injections or normal saline infiltrated into the affected area as soon as possible after the extravasation is noted. 5. Hematoma 1,500 I.U of Hyaluronidase dissolved in 1ml water for injections or normal saline infiltrated into the affected area.Immediately before use dissolve the freeze-dried powder in approximately 1ml of water for injections or directly in the solution with which Hyaluronidase is to be combined. Solutions for subcutaneous administration should be isotonic with extracellular fluid. This medicine is physically compatible with the commonly used infusion fluids. Use in hypodermoclysis has been reported with 0.9% sodium chloride, 0.18% sodium chloride with 4% glucose, 0.45% sodium chloride with 2.5% glucose and 5% glucose. Potassium 34mmol/litre has been administered in isotonic glucose or normal saline for injections. Electrolyte-free fluids are less preferable than those containing electrolytes and should not be given too rapidly. This medicine has also been mixed with morphine, diamorphine, hydromorphone, chlorpromazine, metoclopramide, promazine, dexamethasone, local anaesthetics and epinephrine.
Shelf Life
36 months from manufacturing date.
Storage
Store in hermetic containers at room temperature(below 25℃).

go top